We are always looking for eager individuals to volunteer their time and share their knowledge.
Because we believe that young people can make a difference if only given the opportunity, our volunteers don’t spend time stuffing envelopes and cold-calling. They join our team as project leaders and content owners, and are tasked with managing a project, remaining in constant communication and engagement with other members of the team.
This not only provides our volunteers with the rare opportunity to manage a project, but it also helps build self-confidence, skills that can be used in the marketplace, and most importantly, the opportunity to work somewhere that makes a difference.
Grant Researcher and Writer
Nukoko Education is recruiting a Grant Researcher and Writer to assist with a fundraising initiative to build organizational capacity over the next program cycle.
Who We Are Looking For:
We are looking for an enthusiastic volunteer with some experience of crafting or assisting on the development of grant and funding proposals in the past. You should have good writing skills, attention to detail, and the ability to craft a compelling case for investing in Nukoko Education. Above all, you should be willing to work remotely to deadlines and commit to staying in contact with the team regularly via email.
- Spend first two months researching Canadian and international grant and funding opportunities, pulling together a substantial list of prospects.
- Draft and edit a grant proposal to share with possible donors and funding organisations. Share with team leaders and edit as needed.
- Time commitment is approximately 4 to 5 hours per week, including one-hour-long team Skype meetings once a month.
- Commit to at least 6 months with the organisation.
To Submit Your Interest:
Please submit your resume or CV and a brief statement (a half-page) showing how you meet the criteria and why you would be a good fit for the position to Jennifer Chapin.
Fundraising and Marketing Coordinator
Are you a marketing or fundraising recent grad who would like to offer your expertise to help tackle girls’ education in West Africa? Nukoko Education is looking for an enthusiastic fundraising coordinator to research and roll out a strategy to tackle increased fundraising goals in 2016.
Who We Are Looking For:
We are looking for an enthusiastic volunteer with some experience in digital fundraising, and who can use learned marketing techniques to improve upon the current annual fundraising goals of the organisation. You should be creative, show initiative and professionalism, and demonstrate to us your ability to pull together a viable fundraising proposal. Above all, you should be willing to work remotely to deadlines and commit to staying in contact with the team regularly via email.
- Design and oversee a digital fundraising strategy, as well as an annual action plan for online fundraising activities
- Develop an action plan to improve upon the current donor program through the use of innovative tools and strategies.
- Working closely with the Social Media Coordinator, define and execute strategies to increase traffic to the website and our social networks.
- Commit to at least 1 year with the organisation.
- Time commitment is approximately 2 to 3 hours per week, as well as hour-long team Skype meetings once a month.
To Submit Your interest:
Please submit your resume/CV and a brief statement (a half-page) showing how you meet the criteria and why you would be a good fit for the position to Jennifer Chapin.